in front of the white-gray of the sky
out the window
coming through horizontal lines
tap tap tappita sounds
of a woodpecker on the maple bark
punk rocker red cardinal friend
chirps and calls from the oak top
black capped chickadee whistling
fee-bee, fee-bee
digital sounds of a blue jay and
rapid musical notes
from the orange-breasted robin
buzz of hummingbird wings
near the vine geranium pot
carrying deep red blooms
goldfinches chattering away
along with red-winged black birds and more
sounds greet aroma of freshly brewed coffee
fragrance meets moist, near-rainy fresh air
cool on my skin
mouth and tongue readying for
the taste and texture of some toast and blackberry jam
-- don’t forget the melted butter
(what I see, what I hear, what I smell, what I feel, what I taste
early this morning)
© nan, 2015
Up early this morning, watchful and taking it all in. It was the perfect time to gather a few observations into an "at this moment" post -- something I haven't done for a time. It is meditative to do this practice, and to write it down is just fun. Not writing down much poetry, lately, this may help to scratch the surface... to bring thoughts and feelings up and out. Try it.
No comments:
Post a Comment