Sunday, December 6, 2015

master of none etc.


As I occasionally do, I am writing to recommend some good television. We are Netflix and Amazon streaming viewers. I watch virtually no regular television because I can't stand commercials (and I don't have to watch them anymore with the availability of streaming programming) and I find a lot of what is on television to be really horrible stuff. I don't mind being out of those popular culture loops when people talk about what is on TV these days.

I digress. We are catching up with re-runs of Parks and Recreation (love Amy Poehler and crew) and when I am in the right mood, Louis CK. Tom read about new Netflix original series Master of None with (and by) Aziz Ansari and Alan Yang. I wasn't sure I would like the show if the main character was anything like the over the top character Ansari plays on Parks and Recreation. He isn't. The show is quirky, interesting and real with a great soundtrack. You can read about it here. Recommend.

Oh! And I may have written about one of our all time favorite series before, but Amazon has Dead Like Me available on streaming. This show originally aired in 2003-2004, and it is every bit as good now as it was then. 

No comments: