Sunday, December 6, 2015

skyward thoughts

You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather.
~Pema Chodron

Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge - 9/2015
Pema Chodron has become one of my favorite life's teachers. She imparts so much wisdom in even small snippets of her writing on compassion, gratitude, living with uncertainty (and we all are, whether we acknowledge it or not,) and coming into harmony with whatever is presenting in our lives. I really like this reminder of hers: “Pain is not a punishment, pleasure is not a reward.” I find it really helpful to remember that each of us is not what is necessarily present in our lives - fortunate or unfortunate. We are the sky - each of us. Unchanging, essential, and present for all kinds of weather.

I am experiencing mild early December weather - in so many ways. With a heavy white frost on the ground this morning and degrees in the 20s, the temps will rise to 50 degrees F today which is really warm for this time of year. It has been a busy weekend. Matt and I went to get the tree yesterday. Lights are on and decorating will take place today. We are then off to a quick shopping pick up and a concert with my sister who we will pick up along the way just over an hour from where we live. Then, I am hanging onto the reigns as I head into a busy week ahead. No complaints. Trying to stay healthy as I am feeling a bit tired this morning. Today's Sunday quote helps to center me, and I hope it does the same for you. Peace out!

No comments: