Saturday, March 5, 2016

reap what you sow



Heard someone talking about the fractious Republican party that has produced Donald Trump. "They have reaped what they've sown." And so then that one phrase reminded me of this song. Dogs, which has some of my favorite lyrics ever (Pink Floyd Animals -- in my top three Pink Floyd favorite albums). The more I listened to the lyrics, the more I realized this song fits in thinking about Donald Trump... Dog. I keep waiting for him to implode. I am pretty sure he will. Democracy - we have got to be better than this. 

"You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to
So that when they turn their backs on you
You'll get the chance to put the knife in."
....

"And when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone
And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw around
So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone
Dragged down by the stone."

2 comments:

Jeb Bush said...

Great musical choice. This long form rock seems so indulgent now but I still love it. I can't watch the election stuff. As a citizen I know I should be engaged but this segment of Americans that think a wealthy deceitful, crude, narcissist is the answer to their frustrations and fears and that he shares their values??!!

nan said...

As one friend correctly told me . . . this song and Trump give dogs a bad name. Sorry doggies.