Wednesday, March 2, 2016

road tripping

The New Yorker - Bruce Eric Kaplan
I am off on a work trip tomorrow with three other colleagues I don't know all that well. I am the main driver as I am the one that rented the vehicle. The conference we are going to should be very interesting. Even though it is nice to travel with others, seeing this cartoon gave me a pang of missing the days when I traveled a lot for my old job (by myself).[That is a strange pang, because I really don't miss all that travel...] It is a different kind of travel - kind of an adventure - when you can be alone with your thoughts or the music of your choice. It is a bit more tiring to travel with others that you don't know well. I hope I can hold up my end doing the small talk thing. Would it be inappropriate to start out with "WTF is all this support for Donald Trump?! I am scared out of my mind. Who are these people?" and let it fly from there? Heck, it is only a 5 hour trip one way. Down tomorrow, and back late Friday. Ciao.

No comments: