Sunday, May 15, 2016

ups and downs of spring

It's May 15th. We've had a bit of sunshine since early April, but not a lot. Rather, we have had an abundance of rain and clouds and cold here in Central New York. After a low 70s and sunny Friday, we are having a low 40s day - feels like 35 degrees -- and we can now see snowflakes flying outside.Yes, that's right. I said snowflakes. They won't stick, but really now?

Please enjoy these flowers given to me by my friend Carol last weekend. We had a dinner and "let's watch Kimmy Schmidt" party, which turned into a "let's stream old Strangers with Candy episodes" evening. She knows I love purple tulips and so this is what she does when I say please don't bring anything.

I love how tulips start all straight up pretty, and then they wildly wind out and down, until each beautiful flower nearly hits the table. It's like watching a gradual and complete surrender. It's a yoga pose in slow motion. And they all fall down. Beauty right until the end.

No comments: