I completely appreciate what Bob Boilen wrote: "It's been a joy to hear the music of Andrew Bird shift and change. Bird's early music, from the late '90s, was steeped in hot jazz and blues music from the early days of the phonograph, then later shifted to new technologies using loop pedals to layer voice, whistling and violin. His lyrics often have a calculated quality, filled with abundant wordplay and observations."
Sunday, June 5, 2016
bird in flight
WJPP here sharing a wonderful Tiny Desk Concert with Andrew Bird, a musician I've featured here before. I really enjoy this guy! So talented. His latest album, Are You Serious, is one of his most personal, and this tiny concert features songs from the new album. I especially like the last piece, Capsized, at about the 10 minute mark. You can read an interview, here. Do take the time to give yourself this treat. Thanks NPR and YouTube!
I completely appreciate what Bob Boilen wrote: "It's been a joy to hear the music of Andrew Bird shift and change. Bird's early music, from the late '90s, was steeped in hot jazz and blues music from the early days of the phonograph, then later shifted to new technologies using loop pedals to layer voice, whistling and violin. His lyrics often have a calculated quality, filled with abundant wordplay and observations."
I completely appreciate what Bob Boilen wrote: "It's been a joy to hear the music of Andrew Bird shift and change. Bird's early music, from the late '90s, was steeped in hot jazz and blues music from the early days of the phonograph, then later shifted to new technologies using loop pedals to layer voice, whistling and violin. His lyrics often have a calculated quality, filled with abundant wordplay and observations."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment