Sunday, June 12, 2016

voices and breathing - how they should be



WJPP here bringing you a recent NPR Tiny Desk Concert with Jesca Hoop and Sam Beam. They perform three songs off their new collaborative record, Love Letters For Fire. This set is perfectly relaxing and a nice reminder of the inner state I should tune into even when I have about 7 hours of "to do" ahead on this Sunday. I am trying hard to keep on track with what has to be done before the next three busy weekends... visit to Dad Saturday and then concert Sunday next weekend, high school graduation the following weekend, and graduation party the following.

I really enjoyed the Tiny Desk description of this gorgeous music: "the album's sound fits right where you'd hope it would: between the inventive hookiness of Hoop's terrific solo work and the more somber ruminations of the work Beam makes at the head of Iron & Wine." Lovely harmonies. Set list: "Sailor To Siren," "Know The Wild That Wants You," "Every Songbird Says."

Carry on.


1 comment:

Nan said...

I LOVE this! Thanks so much for posting it. I hadn't heard of either of them or of Iron & Wine. Lots to look into. Thanks again! The woman reminds me of the poor, late Joey Feek a little bit.
Thinking of you with all these emotional events coming up. Soothing music will surely help. Like a meditation really.
I would love to explore those shelves, wouldn't you? So much to see there. I'm going now to check out the book on Tim and Jeff Buckley.