Saturday, November 12, 2016

concert band relief

In my previous long rant post, I forgot to mention that one of my joys continues to be playing with the Ithaca Concert Band. We had a concert back on October 23rd, and a recording was made of the concert. I am not sure how long this link will be active, but if you are interested, you can hear the band I am playing in! This is 45 minutes worth of music as they cut out most of the talking. Tracks 1, 3, and 10 in my opinion are your normal concert fare.  Track 2 is a fun piece called Hounds of Spring and it stuck in my head for days. The piece Of Sailors and Whales is a wonderful piece in 5 movements (Tracks 4 through 8) and then track 9 is Symphonic Gershwin - a lot of fun. Give it a whirl if you'd like: ICB 10-23-16.

No comments: